2019-2020 College Visits to Central Decatur
College representatives will meet with students in the counselor’s conference room unless a larger space is required.
|University of Northern Iowa||Thursday, September 19th @ 9:00 a.m.|
|Waldorf University||Monday, October 7th @ 10:30 a.m.|
|Kirkwood Community College||Friday, October 11th @ 9:30 a.m.|
|Iowa State University||Monday, October 14th, @ 10:30 a.m.|
|Missouri Western State University||Thursday, October 17th @ 1:00 p.m.|
|Southwestern Community College||Monday, October 21st @ 9:00 a.m.|
|Iowa Central Community College||Monday, November 4th @ 9:30 a.m.|
|Northwest Missouri State University||Wednesday, November 13th @ 10:30 a.m.|
|The University of Iowa||Monday, November 18th @ 9:00 a.m.|
Consider These 10 Questions When Choosing a Major
Choosing a major is one of the first things you should consider when preparing for college… yes, even before you choose the school you want to attend. Understanding your strengths and identifying your career goals should shape the path you take after graduation.
As you start to think about your plans for after high school, consider the following questions.
- Does the major match my interests?
- Does this major prepare me for the career I want to have?
- What college courses would I typically take for the major?
- What will I learn?
- What degree types are available to me?
- What are the typical jobs available with my planned level of education?
- What specialties are within the major?
- What high school courses can help me prepare for the major?
- What type(s) of schools offer the major?
- What are some related majors?
*Information provided from www.ACT.org